2012年7月15日日曜日

Firedrake Jammer Helps Listener Find Broadcasts of Voice of Tibet and Sound of Hope!

Firedrake Jammer Helps Listener Find Broadcasts of Voice of Tibet and Sound of Hope!

Anyone who has followed my writings for any length of time knows I am philosophically against the jamming of shortwave broadcasters.

Recently I found a way to use the jamming from China’s Firedrake musical jammer to help me locate the frequencies of two stations which I wanted to hear.

The Voice of Tibet and Sound of Hope’s broadcasts change frequencies from time to time, I suspect, to avoid the jamming and harmful interference originating from China’s Firedrake musical jamming broadcasts. However, these same Firedrake broadcasts have helped me find the frequencies in use by the Voice of Tibet and Sound of Hope.

When I can’t hear the Voice of Tibet on their usual frequency, I simply check the frequencies between 15400 and 15700 kHz and listen for Firedrake’s musical jamming broadcast. When I find a Firedrake jamming broadcast I use Radio Free Asia’s Anti Jamming Antenna to help null out the Firedrake jamming so that hopefully I can listen to the Voice of Tibet.

The same procedure can be used for listening to the Sound of Hope. When I can’t hear the Sound of Hope on their usual frequency, I simply check the frequencies below 15400 and above 15700 kHz and listen for Firedrake’s musical jamming broadcast. When I find a Firedrake jamming broadcast, I use Radio Free Asia’s Anti Jamming Antenna to help null out the Firedrake musical jamming so that hopefully I can listen to the Sound of Hope.

If you don’t already have Radio Free Asia’s Anti Jamming Antenna, you should. It is easy and inexpensive to construct. For information about the antenna, its construction, and use, go to the Radio Free Asia web site, at http://www.rfa.org/english/about/help/Anti-Jamming.html

I do not condone China’s harmful interference to shortwave broadcasts of others. I believe this conduct is wrong and the Chinese should discontinue all jamming of shortwave broadcasts. I do however, find it ironic that I have been able to use their jamming signals to help me find the frequencies of their targets.

Good Listening-Steve

For a Tour Inside China’s jamming facility Click Here

0 件のコメント: